Wool Carpet Care
One of the most important tenants critical to carpet maintenance is the removal of spots and spills. It is important to respond quickly to accidental spills to prevent staining. Having the necessary cleaning materials on hand is key. Chem-Dry uses special professional cleaning agents that were designed specifically for use on wool carpets.
Frequent vacuuming is a wool carpet’s best friend.
- Your type of carpet determines the method by which you vacuum. An upright vacuum with a beater or brush bar on is best used on cut pile carpeting. A suction only vacuum may be best for low pile Berber carpets to prevent excessive fuzzing of the fibers.
- If you use a vacuum with a dust bag collection system, the bag should be emptied when it is HALF full.
- Preventative maintenance practices help your carpet stay cleaner longer. Place absorbent mats at frequently used entryways to reduce the amount of dirt and grime from entering. These mats should be changed or laundered when they become dirty. Changing your heating and cooling filters regularly limit dust and allergen particles from becoming lodged in your carpet.
- Periodically clean high trafficked areas such as entryways and the front of frequently used chairs or sofa.
- Keep at the ready plenty of absorbent white cloths or paper towels and appropriate cleaning solutions for rapid removal of accidents and spills.
- DO NOT apply stain repellants which contain any silicone. The use of these products will actually increase the accumulation of dust and dirt (Some carpet manufacturers do not accept responsibility for complaints when such treatments have been used).
When it comes time for your wool rugs to be professionally cleaned call our experts at Green Leaf Chem-Dry at 561-403-3977. When calling ask about our use of Wool Safe products.