Pet Urine Odor Removal Boca Raton, FL
Facts You Need To Know About Pet Urine In Your Carpeting:
We all love our animals but loathe the stains and odor urine accidents leave behind. Urine penetrates carpet fibers, seeps down into the carpet backing and subsequently to the sub floor below.
Often pets “mark” their area repeatedly urinating in the same general area so that even when the accident is simply cleaned up the odors will permeate to the flooring below be it wood or cement. Additionally baseboards, carpet tack strips, and even the house frame located inside the walls can be affected.
When the liquid dries it leaves behind urine crystals. These crystals are more concentrated, odorous and cannot be removed by simple cleaning methods. Chem-Dry has the solution to permanent removal of these hazardous and offensive odors utilizing P.U.R.T. (Pet Urine Removal Treatment).
How P.U.R.T. Works
- Identification of the source and degree of severity by our professional technicians.
- Carpet will be rinsed followed by a hot water extraction to remove the majority of the urine crystals.
- In severe cases the carpet is pulled back revealing the extent of the damage under the affected area. If necessary the pad will be removed and replaced.*
- If warranted an application of an odor blocking shellac is applied to the sub floor.*
- A heavy application of P.U.R.T. solution is applied, enough to saturate sub floor, baseboards, carpeting strip and carpet backing.*
- The active ingredient in P.U.R.T. chemically reacts with the urine crystals breaking them down over the next 24-36 hours eliminating urine odor for good.
*Additional charges may apply, depending on your individual situation. Locally operated service providers may not have all the tools required for some select services.
You love your pets, and your home. Green Leaf Chem-Dry is an expert at pet odor removal.
At Green Leaf Chem-Dry our professional technicians have successfully employed the revolutionary P.U.R.T. system on countless urine stains in carpets, rugs and upholstery. P.U.R.T. is the most efficient way to remove lingering urine stains and odors.
Our innovative product was specifically designed to work on the most challenging urine affected areas, which left improperly treated can lead to permanent damage of your floors and fabrics. In addition, this can create a very unhealthy living environment for you and your family.
Urine odors stem from two main sources. The first comes from the bacteria which proliferate in dark, warm environs that provide it a continuous food source. The waste materials and gases released from urine decomposition create a noxious odor. The second source is a chemical odor that continues to be present even when the bacteria are killed. In order to completely eliminate these odors more than just sanitizing is needed and that is where P.U.R.T. comes in. Once P.U.R.T. makes contact with the odor source an immediate chemical reaction is initiated that destroys forever the urine odor.
Why is Pet Urine in Carpet So Hard to Remove?
Urine seeps from the top of a carpet to the carpet pad and subsequently to the sub floor. When you clean the carpet yourself, the water or steam used spreads the urine crystals from affected to unaffected areas making the original source hard to locate. Even if you were to replace the carpet and pad but not properly treat the affected subfloor the odors will still linger.
Pet Odor Removal by Green Leaf Chem-Dry
- Thorough cleaning – Our professional, powerful, state of the art equipment will deep clean and flush the carpet of a majority of the urine crystals reducing the odor.
- Antibacterial – This treatment is aimed at reducing unhealthy bacteria and to prevent soiling.
- P.U.R.T. – Here the carpet, pad and sub floor are thoroughly saturated with P.U.R.T. necessary for complete odor removal. This proprietary treatment causes the breakdown of all remaining urine crystals and elimination of the odor. Since saturation is necessary it will take 24-48 hours to dry. Opening a window slightly during this period allows for the odors to escape.